Thursday, July 12, 2012

This is What I Think Friendship Looks like (5/10)

"Hey, what happened to that blog series you were writing?"

"I'd forgotten about it, honestly."

"I liked that one, it was good."

"Thank-you."

The hostess walked up to us as we sat, sweating pleasantly, enjoying the condensation from the liquor snifters on our fingers and chatting about where we were from. "Your table is ready." she said.

"I've got this," she said.

I protested, but she was having none of it. We settled on my giving her cash for the drink, and her buying us dinner. I could hardly argue with free food on a nice day.

We sat and talked about comic books, and made raunchy jokes about the people who were sitting, pretending not to notice our sun burns, a few tables away.

The sun set, we had more drinks. She gave me a ride to my car and a compliment.

I said, "I'll see you soon."

"You too."

And we did.