Saturday, December 26, 2015

Tip of the roller coaster.

My brother-in-law Tom sat down on the porch steps next to me and smacked my shoulder. I handed him my lighter.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"Eh. Read an article that said we've got about forty years before society collapses."

"That it?"

I laughed, "That was about fifteen years ago. And here we are. If Ivanka is elected, that's that."

"At least her dad didn't win, eh?"

"Sure, but --and yes, thank God, praise Allah, slurp the spaghetti-- but that'll be it." I finished and snubbed my cigarette. I sighed. I asked, "Are you ready? What do you have?"

"A safe full of ammunition, twenty gallons of water, rice and noodles and dried veggies and canned veggies. So much. We're gonna be sick of green beans by the time things calm down, that's for sure."